Site availability is an important indicator of its effectiveness. Site availability is one of the most important indicators that affect its traffic.
Unfortunately, not always the data provided by hosting companies can be trusted. Hosting companies may distort information about the operation of your resource. We recommend to independently monitor the availability of the site through third-party services.
There are several site monitoring services that can help control their availability for free.
THE MOST POPULAR WEB SITE MONITORING SERVICES
- Pingdom.com . This is one of the most popular services for monitoring accessibility of sites, free. Visually, the work of Pingdom looks simple. The application label that hangs in the tray indicates in color the operation of your resource (green – when working, red – if it is not working). Through the shortcut, you can view detailed reports on the operation of your resource directly on the pingdom.com service. You can specify no more than one address for SMS error notifications (20 messages limit).
- Yandex.Metrica . This service also has the ability to check the availability of sites. Control over the attendance of your resource is carried out continuously. Finding sharp jumps in attendance, Yandex.Metrica checks the main page for work. You can configure sending SMS or email notifications.
- Host-Tracker.com . This service for monitoring the availability of sites, among other methods, uses CGI script checking, the presence of specific words on a page, data on its work from different parts of the world, additional HTTP methods. It is possible to continuously monitor 2 addresses with an availability check every half hour. Notifications via SMS or email.
- Uptimerobot.com service checks the availability of sites with an interval of 5 minutes. This service provides substantial real assistance in promoting with the help of search engines. From one registered account you can control up to 50 sites. If your site does not work, the program will send a message about this via SMS notification, E-mail or RSS.
- Siteuptime.com . Here you can check for free only one resource. Monitoring of site availability is performed from several points, measuring the resource recall time. Through the email at the end of the month comes the report. The service monitors every 30 minutes and an hour, supporting the following protocols: HTTP, POP3, FTP, SMTP, Content, SSL, TCP, HTTP Password Protection, DNS, Ping.
- AreMySitesUp.com . Supports checking 5 resources up to 25 times a day, reporting problems without restrictions in SMS messages or via email.
- Internetseer.com . Free job check once per hour.
- 9 Montastic.com . Simple and effective verification of up to one hundred addresses from two points. View every 5 min. There is an opportunity to notify about failures via RSS.
Summing up, we note that it is the constant work of the resource that affects the efficiency of its work. Therefore, it is very important to be informed in time in case of failures or inactivity of the Internet resource. Detect and fix as soon as possible.